Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gen 2- Chapter 2: A New (Welcome?) Addition to the Family



At first Pepper just stared at her. We were all holding our breath trying not to steam up the windows or give ourselves away as we peaked outside. I was half-expecting Pepper to throw a tongue-lashing Bridget's way. A "How could you 'Dear John' me" kind of monologue, but what he did was more shocking to me.


He hugged her! The relief on her face when she realized he wasn't attacking her was actually kind of amusing and when I snickered, mom who had been extra stoic while looking at the woman who had broken her son's heart, lost it.


"You have got to be kidding me!" she declared. Every head in the house shifted to Mom.

I was a bit taken aback at first thinking she was referring to my snickering but then, on second thought, due to the fact that my mom almost never gets angry.

"I can not believe she just waltzes back up to this house and rings the doorbell like its nothing and he just hugs her like she didn't just leave him desolate and broken-hearted a year ago! And he's gonna forgive her, I know all she has to do is ask...I can not believe this....*mumbles incoherently*"

After the initial shock had worn off from him, Dad quickly put his arm over Mom's shoulders and guided her out of the kitchen to the bedroom where I could still hear her muttering at him about "that girl".

Meanwhile I quickly turned my attention outside. I "shushed" everyone so that we could hear what was going on.

Apparently they were getting along pretty well out there. Pepper had told Bridget about his new job that he was to start at the science lab and she was congratulating him on it.


I don't know how I feel about this situation as of yet. I'm kind of happy for Pepper that she bothered to show up at all but I'm also concerned that it's not going to go well. Pepper and Bridget talked for hours out on the porch that night getting caught up on family and life.


He actually finally invited her inside. Everyone else left or went to bed, but I stayed up pretending to do some homework and what happened next was even more shocking.


"Bridget I never want us to be apart again, I know you had your reasons for leaving so suddenly but I forgive you and well, will you marry me?" Pepper got down on one knee. He took off his State Championship ring and held it out to her.

Holy sugar-honey-ice-tea! I muttered, gapping at the two of them.


"Yes Pepper, of course I'll marry you!" she squealed.

OMB! This is not going to go over very well at all.

Pepper then told Bridget she could stay the night and gave her his bed and told her he would sleep on the couch.

They were both beaming from ear to ear.
"Well congratulations I guess" was all I could say. I turned to leave when I heard the door to Mom and Dad's room open and saw Dad emerge.

I quickly ran up to Dad to see if I could try to brace him for what was about to happen...

Just as I was starting to tell him that my brother was a bit of an idiot, Pepper told Bridget to please excuse herself so that he could talk to his dad. She obliged and I got the heck out of Dodge myself before Dad exploded at Pepper.


At least it's never boring here I thought to myself as I got ready for bed.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the last line 'at least it's never boring here'! LMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, well, things have been interesting at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last picture.

    "Just let me get out of the room first, ok, commence yelling."

    ReplyDelete
  4. x.x Oh boy. The berry **** is about to hit the fan!

    ReplyDelete