Thursday, February 17, 2011

Generation 3-Chapter 8: Il faut réfléchir avant d'agir

Note from Flutter: I realize this chapter is a little short but with good reason...all of these pictures are old and I have to get caught back up on the game. However, I'm hoping I'll get to do that a little later today.

Overnight turned into a week, turned into nearly two. I was so happy to see my family and I knew from the little time I had been back home that I had been missed...a lot. Thyme and Dew Drop had changed without me, that's probably why I hadn't heard from either of them much.


Thyme had become more and more withdraw into what dad liked to call her "artistic world" and would only wear dark colors and hang out with kids my father said had a tendency towards being both shady and manipulative. Especially her best friend, Lumina Bitters.
  
Dew Drop had started letting her grades dropped and was working at the grocery store which is where Dad insisted she was going to have to continue to work at unless she got her grades up.


While I was there we had a belated birthday party which she ditched early and came home with a new outfit and haircut.


I don't think I had ever realized how much she looked like Dad until she got all of that hair out of her face. Hopefully she'll pull herself together so that she can get through college.
I fit back into life in Sugar Valley so quickly and seamlessly that Briocheport and the chaotic world I'd left there were the furthest thing from my mind. I had been exchanging email from Diana and had told her and Dr. Draegan that I was thinking of staying. I received an email from Diana saying she understood but hoped I'd hurry back but I'd received a disappointing and curt "Do what you must" from Draegan. I guess I had been expecting (or hoping) that he'd fight back a little more.Visiting family and old friends was taking up quite a bit of my time and I soon let the disappointment push itself to the back of my brain.

Three weeks after I'd left, I was thinking about what to cook for my family for dinner and wondering what time they'd all get home as I walked out to the post box when my thoughts were interrupted.

"Margarita, mon coeur"


I froze. My heart began to beat at a frightening speed and my mind was racing. It can't be. I turned to face the person I least suspected I'd ever see again. 
"Lemon Drop?"



 "Mon cher! You have not forgotten me! I can not believe zat I am here and you are here!" 

As Lemon Drop came running toward me, I opened my mouth to speak but no words would come. I was frozen in place. My brain was flashing back to Chambrie and images of Lemon Drop and I were flooding my mind, along with the feeling of heartbreak and humiliation that I'd felt when I'd realized I'd been used all came back in that instant.

I had yet to regain control of myself when Lemon Drop reached me and yanked me into his arms.



" 'Ello" he grinned and tried to pull me closer as if to kiss me. At that moment my brain once again began to communicate with my limbs and I pushed him backwards.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

He looked hurt and shocked and that just fueled all the rage that had had plenty of time to build. I unloaded on him about ditching me, leading me on...you get the picture.






He tried to defend his actions saying he cared about me but something had come up.

"And what? You broke both of your arms and lost your phone too? I find that hard to believe!"
I could scarcely believe how much resentment I had towards him. It made me even more mad that he was here acting like he'd done nothing wrong. However, I never expected what came next. He became angry with me and his French accent got even thicker.

"I made a mistake then Margarita! How come you say these things to me and get so mad with me when I came all the way here to Sugar Valley to find you? It took me very long time to make enough money to come here. I care for you very much or I would not be here."



I lost my resolve a little and felt the anger begin to seep out. He had a point.
He must have noticed me relax a little because his face softened and he again reached out for me, this time I didn't jerk away.

"Margie" he purred, "Please let us be friends again." He was getting closer and closer with that handsome face of his. I was no longer able to muster the anger I needed to pull away and before I knew it his lips were on mine. I kissed him back.


Oh boy. What have I gotten myself into again? Why do I keep diving head first into heartbreak?

2 comments:

  1. o.0 Last person i expected to see showing up. I wonder if he got friendly with one too many tourists and his wife got rid of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) We'll see about all that. And Lol I just realized she's apparently ripping out some internal organs in the last pic. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete