Thursday, September 16, 2010

Generation 2- Chapter 15: A Legacy Lives On

Well it seems that I wasn't the only one of my sisters to be having babies. You've already met little miss Rebecca. Cute as a button, right? Little did I know how soon we'd be getting another little one in the family. Mom and I rushed over to Bubbles after we got the phone call. Poor little thing didn't even make it to the hospital. She had to call Auntie Mint over to help her deliver the baby at home.


But what a perfectly healthy little bundle of joy. The first little boy in the family since Amos. Meet little Shelton.


Bubbles seems to be doing well, seems she had a great water birth. I'm more of a hospital kind of woman myself but to each their own. She thanked poor old Auntie Mint profusely and apologized for putting her in such an awkward situation. I thanked her for saving me from having to deal with my sister and her hormone-addled brain (she took after Mom during pregnancy *wink, wink*)


Mom instantly fell in love with Shelton as she had with all of her grandchildren.



I could tell she was moving a little more slowly than she had back when Amos and Margarita were born. I worried that we were wearing her out by letting her take care of Thyme who could be a hand-full but she just shrugged us off and smiled, totting the toddler around on her hip as if it were nothing.


Margarita was still staying to herself and so far had not had much conflict with the newspaper. Maybe she'd get asked out to a concert or movie with some friends and end up reviewing it soon because I knew the editor would probably not be so excited about back-to-back book reviews in a high school newspaper. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. At least she was still friends with the little fellow from the library group even though he and his parents had moved to Twizzlerbrook.


Dew Drop was doing outstanding both socially and academically. In fact the only complaint we had from her teachers at all was that she would occasionally be talking too much and distracting her fellow classmates. She always had friends coming over and even took the class "odd bird" under her wing when he first moved in. Little Koda Chiffon and Dew Drop soon became best friends. Still don't understand the whole mask thing, but hey...whatever works for him I guess.


The weeks flew by with both of the girls in school and Thyme was growing up so quickly. Before I knew it, it was time for me to go back to work. I had put my research on the shelf for a very long time and it was time to take it down, dust it off and dive back in. I took a deep breath as I got ready to do my first paranormal investigation.


The first case that required my presence, following my return to the paranormal world involved 4 spirits in an old house that were stirred up due to ongoing renovations. I was asked to relocate the spirits in crystal containers and bring them in to the science center for study and "crossing over".


Everything went smoothly and I was putting my equipment away when I was called by a desperate young mother who claimed inanimate objects in her home were shaking violently and she was afraid that harm would come to her and her child. When I arrived to the house I was immediately greeted by a electrical feel in the air...I felt the poltergeist immediately and there was definitely more than one in the area. I quickly eliminated the one in the trashcan and mailbox but I soon discovered that the culprit causing all of the trouble was a very old spirit inhabiting the baby crib!


It took me quite some time to get it centered and as I was just about to capture the poltergeist, my cell phone rung. It was the ringtone for the house and I knew if I was being called this late at night that something was up. I apologized to the owners, promising to return soon and threatening the spirit to either get lost or get sucked up into the spirit crystals.


I stepped outside and took the phone call, it was Juniper.

"Candy baby, you need to come home now, it's very important...your mom...she isn't doing very well..."

I ran to my truck, put the pedal to the floorboard. My mind was looping through the same phrase "Oh no...please mom...don't" over and over. As soon as I arrived to the house I noticed the lights on upstairs. I ran as fast as I could, leaving the truck running behind me. I felt a sinking sensation as I heard sobbing coming from the bedroom.

 

Tears came to my eyes as I saw that my mother had already taken her leave of the world.


Here I am, a ghost hunter and there was nothing I could do to keep my mother's spirit here as the Grimmie took her away. I felt absolutely helpless..


My poor father, I could hear his heart breaking. But to my surprise, my husband and my eldest daughter were nearly hysterical. I guess during my own grief I had forgotten that of those around me. I quickly pulled Margarita into my arms and let her cry on my shoulder for awhile. When her sobbing started to quiet I put my forehead against hers and gave her my reassurance that death wasn't the end, Granny Thistle was at peace and everything would be okay.



I felt like a liar though as I looked at my father. How long would we have him now that he was broken hearted?


***


RIP my little legacy founder! We'll Miss You Thistle!!!

7 comments:

  1. What happened to my comment? Oh well, that's sad about Thistle, but i'm more surprised by how much that Koda Chiffon gets around ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Thistle.

    Look at that, she was even kind enough to leave her clothes behind for others to use and not take them to the afterlife, how thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay go Koda!x3 My little simmies are so popular lol!!

    On a sadder note...RIP Thistle. I had a feeling it was coming with the "slower comments" still super sad. :[

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know guys I'm sad about Thistle...especially because my simmies keep bursting into tears throughout the house!

    @music-Which comment? I know...I have noticed Koda popping up all around the interwebz...its funny because Dew Drop just brought him home from school a few days after I downloaded them.

    Hope you don't mind me using them Berry! All of my Berry Sweet sims kept dying off (I don't have a Story Progression mod, I'm a bit afraid of them) What's really funny is Saffron ended up preggers again in my game too XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Poida- I thought it quite kind of her to leave her clothes behind too! Except that they were dirty...and her loved ones had to wash them once she was gone.

    Is anyone else finding laundry really annoying? Especially with a big household?

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't have ambitions ;P though i'm pretty sure my neat sim would be all over it. it's interesting what all happens when you put other families in your town. i've got gen 1 of chiffons and they're EVERYWHERE! i think my town's a tad small.

    ReplyDelete