Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Generation 3- Chapter 2: Viva La Chambrie!

Well I finally got everything worked out for the surprise I had been planning for the family. As soon as Thyme had celebrated her birthday and school was out, we three Tea girls would be on our way......to Chambrie, France! I rushed home with passports in my hand.

I was enjoying my last summer before beginning school. I still had a big decision to make regarding which school I was going to go to for the medical program. I had been accepted to the local university as well as on in Briocheport. I hoped this trip would help me decide. The thought of leaving Dad and my sisters was a difficult one to bear, especially considering that I didn't have much of a relationship with Dew Drop.

Before long, Thyme's birthday rolled around and we celebrated it with just the four of us Teas.


 Thyme definitely takes after Dad but has a different look about her that either myself or Dew. She's excited about the whole idea of going to France although she's into the whole stereotype of what someone from France dresses like. Thyme has grown up to be interesting to say the least...not only is she a little "eco-friendly" or "eco-obsessive" as I'd like to call it, but she's a brilliant artist.


Before we girls, or Dad  realized it, it was time for us to head to France! We jumped into the car and headed to the airport with Dad looking us on from the door. Who knows what he'll do with the house all to himself!


We arrived at the travelers hostel that the travel agent had arranged for us. It was a beautiful city of stone and elegant design. I was beginning to understand culture shock. 


Thyme, as usual, in her own little world, told us "Bye ladies!" and headed off to who knows where. Strange girl. Dew and I decided to stick together. Our systems were thrown off a little from jet lag so even though it was breakfast time we were starving for a heartier meal. We headed to the cafe in the market square hoping they'd have something to offer our growling bellies.


Sure enough, with a little help from my two years of high school French, I was able to conjure up some grub from the locals.


 However, much to my dismay, the conversation with my sister was lacking. I had been hoping that this trip would strengthen the bond of our relationship but so far, she had been an unwilling participant. I asked her what she might like to do. Between mouthfuls she mumbled "museum" so I made arrangements while she quietly stuffed her face.


We arrived in front of a sprawling brick building. "It oozes culture" I joked with Dew Drop. She laughed and to my surprise grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the door.

"Margarita, if I had to spend my first day in France with anyone, I'm glad it's you!" she said cheerfully. I couldn't help but beam. The day was getting better. We walked through the maze of velvet ropes and our jaws dropped at all the beautiful pieces of history housed together.


At first we saw no one else in the building with us except for a few fleeting glimpses of staff here and there but it wasn't long before we didn't care. We wondered from room to room in silence and awe. We moved in silence through the building. I was staring at a painting when I heard Dew Drop call my name from down the hallway. Without looking up, I stepped backwards and into a warm body.

I heard "Ooof!" followed by a stream of French including a few obscenities. "I am so sorry! I muttered, picking myself up. Pardonez-moi!" I guess in my trance-like state of museum browsing, I had not notice the increase in activity around me.



I looked up and saw that the victim of my mis-step was a very good looking French boy. "Ze fault is all mine, mademoiselle" I couldn't help but grin and blush looking into those very sexy eyes.


"Je m'appelle Margarita" I said, holding out my hand.

"Please mademoiselle Margarita, speak ze English for moi. It is that I am learning, I am Limon Drop Shadow but please call me Limon."

"Nice to meet you Limon. I'm sorry again about bumping into you."

"But mademoiselle, it is nothing to be sorry about. I am glad to have met such a beautiful woman."

I blushed, how is it that he has no problem with saying that part in English? But yet, he's very charming and good looking and I would like a guided tour from a local. "It's my first day here in Chambrie with my sisters. We are wondering where you locals like to hang out, we'd like to find the hot spots?"

"Margie, it would be my delight to take you and your sisters out on ze town! May I pick you up zis evening? Are you staying at ze hostel?"

"Why yes we are! How'd you know?" I must have looked a little puzzled.

"Do not worry Margie...ze hostel is ze only place in town for tourist unless you have family or friend here."

We parted ways and I head off to tell Dew Drop about my little adventure. She had been watching amused from down the hallway. Of course it was only natural that she teased me for the rest of the tour. When we arrived back in the hostel. I went upstairs to get ready but Dew Drop and Thyme met up in the kitchen. Apparently Thyme was elusive about where she'd been.


"I can not believe we are in France and you are eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!" Dew Drop exclaimed, "And are you going to tell us where you've been all day"

"It's good and my favorite!" Thyme replied indignantly. She took a huge bite and then stated with her mouth full, "Ihf bin ouw andh about".

"Fine! Don't tell us, but we'll find out anyway." Dew Drop said frustrated. "Oh look, Limon is here to take us to the Nectary! Do you want to come?"

"Mo fhanks!" Thyme replied, mouth still full and covered in jelly.

"Suit yourself," Dew Drop said shaking her head. She turned to me as I came down the stairs, "You're sister is driving me crazy, and your date is here"

1 comment:

  1. haha Thyme is up to trouble lol. oooo Ollo Limon! Loved the adventure so far! Glad the girls are getting along a little better.

    ReplyDelete