Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Generation 2 Chapter 10:For Whom the Bell Tolls

Things moved so fast with Bubbles and B. Foster that before Mom and Dad were able to even cope with the fact that their little girl was getting married, B. Foster had asked Bubbles to move in with him.It was strange because the two of them had never really set a date.

I think it can go without saying that she had said yes faster than my parents were able to process it and the two of them packed up her things and were out that day.

I on the other hand was the only child still left officially unattached. Things were still hot and heavy between Juniper and I. My work was keeping me so busy as was his and he was becoming somewhat more distant emotionally. Maybe not as much distant as just...strange. I had to admit that our small Sugar Valley had not been exactly enthused about our relationship. I mean, he's not that much older than me but you'd think the man had robbed a cradle the way folks acted sometimes. I guess small towns can sometimes lead to small minds.

A few days following Bubbles shocking move, I was working out hard, preparing for my next battle with a banshee when my phone rang.


"Hello?"

"Candy...it's me, Juniper. Listen....I"

"Hey babe! Oh my gosh you will never guess what..."

"Candy" he interrupted me. "Can you come over?"

"Sure, what time?" I said slowly into the phone. What is going on with my boyfriend?

"Lets make it 3pm. See you then."

As I hung up the phone I kind of looked at it confuzzled like. Wonder what that's all about...

A few hours later I jumped in the car and headed down the street. I was a little anxious about seeing Juniper but also excited to see how Bubbles was adjusting to living with 3 men.

When I got there I was surprised to hear Bubbles call me in through the door.
"Hiya sweet sis! How's it going" she said sounding a bit winded.

"Hey Bubbles! Whatcha makin'?"
"Trying...to...get...these peaks...stiff!" she said turning redder in the face before setting the bowl down heavily on the counter and huffing. "Sorry, darn meringue just won't turn out quite like I want it, and we are supposed to do it by hand for class...but nevermind that. How are you?"

I think she noticed me peering around the room distractedly.
"Have you never been here before?"

"No. This is the first time Juniper has ever had me over...."

She murmured "Well that explains the orders he was barking at us last night"
"What?"
"Nothing. It's just that three young adult males living in the same house together can = big mess."
"Oh."
"I think I hear your lovkins car pulling in the drive now."

Juniper walked into the kitchen and smiled at both of us. "Afternoon ladies."
"Afternoon Juniper...I'll let you two alone" Bubbles said wiping her hand on her apron and throwing the failed meringue into the empty sink.


I smiled at Juniper as he looked back at me. No matter how many times I looked into those eyes, it still felt like a thousand flutterbys were trying to escape.
"So what do you think of the place?" Juniper asked.
"It's nice." I replied. Awkward silence...what is with him this evening.

"Well as I said on the phone, there's something I'd like to talk to you about Candy." He put his arm around me and pulled me in a little closer. The flutterbies were at warp speed now.


"Listen, I know things have been a little difficult between us and....well everyone else, but I care for you deeply Candy and I am very much in love with you, but...."

My mind raced. Oh no. Oh no. A but?

"But" he continued, "I want more."


"You want more? What exactly do you mean like that?"

"I mean I want you...all of you...forever."

"Juniper...." my voice was barely audible.

"Candy Tea, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"


I looked up into those beautiful eyes and answered.

"Yes"

"Yay! OMB! Yay!" Squealed Bubbles. We had not even noticed she was in the room. Juniper gave her a look and she looked apologetic and practically leapt up the stairs "Sorry!" she called out her voice diminishing as she headed upstairs "I couldn't help myself!"

Juniper and I looked at each other amused.

"May I kiss the bride to be?" he said in his best sultry gentlemen voice.
"Of course you may" I said reflecting his tone in my own voice.


We kissed a long, deep kiss and as he pulled away, he scooped me up in his arms and we both laughed as I hugged him tighter.


I'm getting married. I thought happily. To the man of my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They are so cute together! Its about freakin time!! xD

    ReplyDelete