Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Generation 2-Chapter 11: Love and Marriage

Deep breath Candy! Time to get ready. As I gazed at my own reflection, I could not believe how quickly time had flown by. It had almost been a year since our engagement. Today is my wedding day! I was working on touching up my makeup when Honeydew came in.



"Wow baby sister! You are just glowing on your wedding day! But I think you may need a little something extra!"


"Like what?"

"Put your dress on and I'll be right back."


"Here sis!" Honeydew handed me a very small, old looking box. When I opened them my breath which I had been holding on and off most of the morning left me in whoosh. There inside the tiny box were the pearl drop earrings my father had bought my mother for her wedding present. I quickly changed my silly heart shaped hoops for the gorgeous pearl earrings.

Candy smiled, nodded and quickly exited the room to help my mother with the catering, leaving me to my thoughts...or rather nerves.


However I couldn't help but smile at the reflection in the mirror. I would be not only spending the night with Juniper, but the rest of my life. I couldn't help but smile.


A shrill cry interrupted my thoughts. Bridget had burst into the room suddenly. She was soon followed by a few more folks who wanted to "admire the bride" before the wedding. She fussed over me a little as did everyone else but in all honesty I was ready to just get on with the wedding. No one had seen Juniper yet and my stomach was getting a little knotted wondering where he could be.


Dad kept smiling at me and looked like he might cry a little and Mom just stayed busy doing all sorts of chores. I started pacing a little.

Pepper came into the room next. My sweet brother...he'll know where Juniper is.

"Candy...Juniper called, he's coming but he very delayed in traffic, he doesn't know what time he'll make it...I'm sorry sis"


"Wha...Pepper...are we still getting married today? We are still getting married right?"

"Of course you are sis...he'll just be late. Don't worry. We'll think of some way to keep the guests entertained..."

He left to go talk with Mom and Dad while I resumed my pacing.


Bridget of all folks came to the rescue by playing the guitar and Pepper and Honey started dancing and soon others had joined in for a 'pre-wedding' bash. I shifted my pacing from the bedroom to the kitchen.


Finally I started getting upset. Everyone was eating the food Mom had made for the reception and folks were starting to get bored, I could tell. It had been hours. Where was he? As the tears formed in my eyes I retreated outside to where the wedding was supposed to be held.


From there I could see the north side of the beach....our spot. Sunset point. I thought about just taking off down the beach but I didn't. I stood there and watched as the sun started to set. As it sunk lower and lower on the horizon, so did my heart. I was being jilted! How could Juniper do this to me! The tears poured.

Suddenly I heard my name being called. By now it was evening and quite a few of the guests had left. I didn't turn around, my head hung lower as an answer hoping that whoever was calling me would just leave me there, alone. Jilted. But before I knew what was happening I was enveloped by two strong arms and I looked up to see those eyes.

" Baby I'm so sorry...I could never apologize enough...if I thought I would have gotten here any quicker I would have gotten out of my car and ran but...but..." I held my hand up.

"Juniper...Don't." My voice sounded cold and foreign even to my own ears. I must have startled him because he took a step backwards.

"Candy Tea, you listen to me. I would have done anything I could to get here to you this afternoon. I'm sorry things didn't go as we planned but I did not do this on purpose. I love you" He grabbed my hands. I didn't pull away and this encouraged him to continue.


"Candy if you can forgive me this once and  marry me here tonight I can promise you I'll make sure you never feel alone again. Ever."

"Juniper...I...will." I smiled but I looked up at him with my best serious face "If this ever happens again I'll box you in the nose...or worse."

He laughed and then went back inside to tell them that the wedding was back on.

In the end our small private ceremony ended up being much more romantic. The stars were out, the moon was bright and those that were the most important to us were there to witness our union.


Shortly after our wedding, the remaining clew did a remarkably speedy clean up and then left us with the house to ourselves.

I was a little anxious and excited as I walked into my room to meet Juniper there. He looked so handsome sitting on the bed, smiling up at me.


"Hello Mrs. Tea."
I scootched over onto the bed next to him and snuggled up beside him.
"Hello Mr. Tea. Welcome to the family..." I said and kissed him.


And what happened next was amazing but private so you can figure it out for yourselves.

3 comments:

  1. Why was it when I read the titles of the last three chapters I wanted to break into song?

    How sweet, despite the initial setback, they had a beautiful wedding on the beach :D

    Great stuff mate, is a little tea on the way soon? (I'm going by that last picture there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the initial setback had much to do with Juniper's wonderful disappearing act. Grrr...but it worked out never the less.

    As to the latter part of your comment...*sing song voice* we shall see....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww well at least they finally tied the not. He is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete