Monday, December 6, 2010

Generation 3- Chapter 3: En tout pays, il y a une lieue de mauvais chemin

Lemon Drop Shadow had arrived in all of his beautiful manly glory minus the car. It was a bit of a junker, but I didn't mind too much.

He had told me we were going on a "surprise" date. We turned and headed into the country side. The conversation remained light and mostly small talk. We finally pulled up to the Chambrie Nectary. It was a beautiful brick building and I marveled at it for a moment before Lemon Drop ushered me inside. I was surprised to see that we weren't the only ones by far interested in the nectar tasting. Lemon Drop casually informed me that I was lucky to be in town at the time that the nectary was having its tri-annual international nectar tasting. What a yummy date!


Lemon Drop was showing me around the sampling room when I saw a familiar face walk through the door.


Apparently Thyme had mysteriously disappeared again and Dew Drop was bored. She seemed non-too-surprised to see us there, having saw a flyer boasting the nectar-tasting. I was surprised and a little anxious to see her there, however, hoping that Lemon Drop wouldn't think that I condoned this interruption by my little sister. Lemon Drop rose to the occasion, greeting Dew Drop and inviting her to join us.
"I'd love to" she said, "As long as I'm not being a third-wheel."
"Non, non mon amie, you and your sister should shop around while I add another onto our reservation for le diner."
As Lemon walked away, Dew Drop whispered in my ear "How's it going sis, is he has nice as he is to look at?"

I couldn't help but giggle and nodded. "Why don't we see if we can find Dad a bottle of nectar while we are here?"

"I was thinking the same thing" she said as she selected one.


"Well I'll just go pay for this beings that cutie patotie French fellow of yours is making his way back over here." Dew Drop said as she walked by.

Lemon Drop and I walked outside to wait for Dew Drop who was standing in a long line of nectar enthusiast so that he and I could have a moment alone.


"I'm sorry that my sister showed up." I said appoligetically to Lemon. He just nodded faintly and smiled. My word, a girl could just loose her self in those eyes...before I knew it he leaned in closer and put his arms around me.

"Margie (it came out Maahrjee) I have been wanting to hold you like zis since ze moment I bumped into you in ze museum. May I kiss you?"

I was a little drunk by the smell of him, I nodded slowly.


His lips were velvet smooth. It was a bit of heaven. I think Dew Drop must have seen us as she walked up because I heard her clear her throat and say "Well I am actually not feeling well...all that nectar you know? I think I'll head back to the hostel. Love you sis!"

I'm not normally the type to kiss and tell so I will just say that there was a lot more ummm...kissing and such that evening and that it was a magical one. As Lemon Drop dropped me off that night (or rather...early morning) my head was swimming. We made a date for the next night and he asked me to meet him in the market place by the street lamp.


Of course Dew Drop was waiting up for me, playing chess, to hear all about me date. I was more than a little unforthcoming with details for my baby sister.


We went to bed and spent the next day, our last day in Chambrie, trying to figure out what Thyme had been up to. I was sad as we walked the city together, I loved it here, but on the other hand I missed home and my father. I also had a big decision to make about school. I was leaning towards Briocheport more and more. I could always come home for the weekends... I was lost in thought and Dew Drop was rambling in my ear when all of a sudden I caught a glimpse of a black beret. I motioned for Dew to hush and peeped around the corner.


Seems I wasn't the only one having a foreign affair...hmm. I talked Dew Drop into turning around and heading back. It was a long plane ride home. Thyme would have plenty of time to explain then. As we arrived back in the square I hugged Dew Drop bye and told her to make sure that all of her things were packed so that we would be ready to leave first thing in the morning. "Yeah, yeah...quit worrying about me and worry about that French hunk of yours". I grinned, I couldn't help it, I had seriously fallen for the guy.

I waited as the sun started to set and the street lamp flickered on. It was a little cool outside and I was regretting not bring a jacket or sweater with me. I checked my watch, where was Lemon? He said he would meet me here at 7, it's 7:30. 




I waited and waited, finally sitting on a park bench for awhile.


Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep on the bench. I woke up freezing. I checked my watch. 9:30. I realized that I had been stood-up. I straightened my dress and hailed a Vespa back to the hostel. I warmed myself up by the fire before pulling out my cell phone.


I dialed Lemon's number, the phone rang and rang. Pick up, pick up please have a damn good excuse for leaving me waiting so long... No answer. I almost hung up but something made me stay on the phone for the answering machine.


An electric shock went through me when I heard a sexy female voice on the maching, "Hallo dahlins' you 'ave reached Lemon Drop and Briochette's leave your messages pour us after ze beep" I hung up the phone. I didn't need an explaination. I was one of THOSE vacationer's that a local had used as a fling. I hung my head and tear welled in my eyes. His girlfriend must have come back home and he couldn't leave or something. I can't believe I fell for him... I headed to my room and crawled into bed. I pretended to be asleep when Dew Drop whispered my name, I couldn't bear to think about it anymore just yet. They'd hear enough on the plan. I cried quietly over my broken heart until I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment