Thursday, July 1, 2010

Generation 2-Chapter 6: Reconciliations and Reunions

I avoided Juniper for quite awhile after that. It was a little harder now that B. Foster had been around the house even more since Bubbles had started dressing like my twin again (I don't think it's all her fault that she's inappropriate).  And the two of them had officially become and item. In fact, they had been voted cutest couple for the yearbook. I had been voted cutest. Yay....not really. High school was becoming a bit lack luster for me. I was glad that it would be over in a few months. I still hadn't decided what I wanted to do. I planned on going to college but I didn't know if I would end up working at the spa for the entire duration.


Honeydew was still living at the house when she wasn't on tour with the band. They were doing surprisingly well so she wasn't home very much. But, when she was, she would either writing new songs or painting.

Bubbles and B. Foster were an annoying presence most of the time. Okay....so they are kind of cute, it's just my bitterness that fate has caused me to fall head over heels with an unattainable guy. A beautiful, sweet......*record scratches* Stop it Candy, move on, I'm sure he has.



Mom's 50th birthday came and went. She still looked as beautiful as ever to me.


On a happier note, things with Pepper had returned to a healthier state. Mom and I had finally summoned the courage to go over there after seeing a picture of Pepper in the paper holding Amos, his son, and congratulations for him opening his own martial arts school. I had been semi-staying in touch with him through email but had yet to return to his house for fear of facing Juniper.



When Mom walked up to the door and knocked, Bridget answered. I decided to hang back a bit and let them have a private discussion that had been almost two years in the making. To my amazement, Bridget actually smiled at Mom and shook her hand. Before I knew it, a green eyed little boy came crawling out of the front door. Mom immediately scooped him up and held him close. She started crying and then Bridget started crying and well I guess you can say they made up. At least to a civil-terms halfway point.



We spent the whole day over there. When Pepper arrived home that evening he looked utterly shocked to see Mom sitting on the floor playing with Amos.


I thought at first things would get a bit ugly but he seemed to relax after a few minutes and accepted the situation.

Mom did apologize to Pepper and Bridget that day while I played with Amos. I was definitely happy to have my brother back in our lives, and knew now that I would probably tell him what I had not told anyone else; That I was harboring feelings for his blue neighbor....eventally.


I began spending a lot of time over at Pepper's house, in fact I was babysitting for Amos most weekends. As graduation and mine and Bubbles 18th birthday party approached, I knew it was finally time to tell Pepper. I was sure Juniper had a girlfriend or fiance or something by this point so it wouldn't hurt to tell someone. Maybe I would feel better afterwords.

"Pepper, can I talk to you a minute? Your gonna think I'm crazy but...." The whole story spewed forth after that and Pepper just sat and listened in silence. When I was done he looked at me thoughtfully and then looked at Amos sleeping.

"You need to tell him Candy."


"Pepper! I can't, you know he's a good bit older than me. Mom and Dad would have a stroke, and..."

"Candy" he interrupted my torrent , "You'll never run out of excuses why you shouldn't but you will run out of time." He paused and continued. "Juniper is a really nice guy and I know from talking to him that he does want to settle down and that he has a good head on his shoulders. He's been on a few dates with a few other girls but he always just kisses them on the cheek and waves good night from the front porch. I don't think he's found what he's looking for in any of them yet." "Look Candy, I can't make you any promises, but what if...ya know...can't go on carrying around unrequited love forever."


I didn't say anything else about it. I hugged him, kissed Amos on his cheek and pulled the covers up to his chin and grabbed my purse to leave. Pepper's voice followed me out the door.
"You know little sis, I once let a good thing slip away from me because I couldn't tell her what I felt, I was lucky enough to have another chance but not everyone is..." I nodded and closed the door behind me. Of course facing me was the Breezes' house. Deep breath. Here goes nothing.

4 comments:

  1. You be mean!!! Leaving me on a cliffhanger!! I wanna know what happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GoodLuck Candy and Amos is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopefully won't have you hanging for too long Jess.

    Thanks cupcake, I was pleasantly suprised at his cuteness also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eee!!! What happens now! ahhhhh!! Cliff hangers. Noooo! lol j/k I do them all the time. Great chapter. Thistle is still stunning.

    ReplyDelete