Thursday, October 14, 2010

Generation 2-Chapter 17: Death Comes in 3s

Life had almost gone back to normal in our house. Margarita is home from Egypt, with a sudden (if not late in the trip) change of heart and had even told a few stories about how she had read a great book, drank too much nectar with a local and ended up swimming in the fountain in the middle of the market. I had to raise an eyebrow at the last part but ultimately I was just glad to hear that she had had fun.



Since Mom's death, dad had been getting more and more distant. It was obvious how much he'd missed his Thistle.


However, on the night of Margarita's arriving back home, she had arranged to meet with an interviewer from SugarBerry University. Papa Strawkiwi stated he'd be more than happy to cook.


The interview went very well for Margarita...not that I'm surprised. Despite her lack of social graces, my eldest daughter is pretty brilliant. I have a feeling she'll end up at SugarBerry U in pre-medicine having expressed the desire to be a surgeon for the last six months.

Papa Kiwi was preparing his famous grilled salmon when I noticed him take a pause and grab the counter top, before I had time to even run to his side, the Grim Reaper was back at our house.


Dad had decided it was time to join Mom on the other-side I guess. Being a paranormal researcher, one would think that I would manage this a little more easily but things are always a bit different when its actually happening to you and seeing my kids upset, my defenses fell. Tears began to flow down my cheeks and I cried out as my father's ghost materialized briefly, giving us a small smile to let us know that he'd be okay before disappearing with Grimmie.


I can tell you that the next few days were pretty awful for the Tea household but the completion of a small gravesite in the corner of our lot made mourning my Mother and Father much easier for our family and our wounds slowly began to heal.


I can admit that I'd still cry every now and then when I pulled one of Dad's childrens' books from the shelf to read to Thyme.

She was so little that she didn't really understand where her 'Pappi Kiwi' had gone. And my was she getting so big and a little heavy.

With Granny Thistle and Papa Strawkiwi gone and Juniper working hard outside on both the miner and inventing, once Thyme was down for a nap, it was very quiet in the house. To keep myself from going stir crazy from the quiet and grief, I decided to get back into a work-out schedule.  However, to my dismay, the stereo wasn't working. I pulled it out from against the wall and noticed it was unplugged, I plugged it back in and when I tried to turn it on, it made a strange clicking noise, just as I was about to pull the front panel off, I felt a jolt of electricity enter my arm, the burning electrical sensation got worse. I opened my mouth to scream but I couldn't hear if I actual was or not and before I knew it, everything went black.



Juniper's Turn:

I heard Candy's blood-curdling scream and my heart nearly lurched out of my chest. I ran inside to find her crumbled on the floor. Oh my berry, Candy! Apparently the fire alarm had went off and I could hear sirens in the background. I called Candy's name but she would respond. I didn't know what to do. She wasn't moving and I couldn't get her to respond. I felt myself go a little numb. I couldn't move or speak as the firefighter pushed me aside and checked for my wife's pulse. His voice sounded muffled as he radioed something in. 

Wake up baby, come on, open your eyes! 

The firefighter began doing chest compressions and another came inside to assist. I wanted to do something to help but my legs would not work. All I could do was watch as my heart left this world. 

I have no idea how much time passed before the firefighter was trying to speak to me but I couldn't hear him. My ears weren't working. I looked up and saw the Grim Reaper taking my wife's ghost away. 
This cannot be happening, it's a bad dream...Wake up Juniper, wake up.   
A shrill cry from the other room pulled me from my trance. Thyme...oh my berry, the children...oh my berry, what do I do? 

I numbly walked to the kitchen where little Thyme had apparently escaped from her crib. I picked her up. How would I explain to her about her mother? How would I tell Margarita and Dew? 

I glanced at the clock on the stove...1:50. The girls would be home any second...to what? To be told that there mother had been taken from us? I couldn't bare the thought and held Thyme tight to me.

She was helping me maintain the only small shred of sanity I had left. I placed her in her highchair and gave her some left over key lime pie.   Key lime....Candy's favorite.

Before I even realized what I was doing, I placed a charge on the retched stereo that had stolen my wife's young life. I watched in satisfaction as it exploded.

The fireman came running back in the house only to see me grinning at the spot where the stereo had been. He consoled me by telling me that he'd notify the rest of the family for me, that I had been through enough for one day. I barely heard him. I only heard the squeak of the breaks as the girls' school bus stopped in front of the house.

I heard the teenage laughter and wonder at the fire engine leaving. I head backpacks drop onto the parquet floor and I saw my girls confused faces as they noticed mine. I sat them down, and crumbled their world.

****
I wish I could say that the last 6 months passed by as best as it could but in truth we've barely scraped by. Were it not for Thyme and the instinctual need for us to all protect her, I don't know that Margie, Dew and I would have survived the tragedy of their mother's death. Thyme's birthday was approaching and the girls had made her a cake. She would be starting school soon and Margarita would be finishing high school. I had let her take some time off so she would have to continue on for a summer semester to make up for lost time, but her grades were good and I had no doubt she would head off to college soon. She looked older than her 17 years as she handed Thyme to me for her to blow out the candles.


My sweet girls, how would they ever fully be able to appreciate their mother now that she was gone? Thyme squirmed in my arms to be put down. 

I watched as my last little girl grew up in front of me. She looked like a perfect mix of her mother and I. Have to do something about that hair though. Candy would not approve.

I had decided to quit inventing for awhile due to the fact that it was pretty dangerous. 

I didn't want to touch the girls money that had been left to them because I wanted them to be able to go to college. So I was hunting for work around town which was scarce at the moment so money had been tight. However, I'd sold some of the spirits Candy had left behind to the science museum and gave Margarita and Dew the money to take Thyme out and get a hair cut and some new clothes for when she started school. She had been so excited to have a "fashion show for daddy " to show off her new look. I must say she is as stunning as my other two girls. 


 I hope soon, the pain that I feel within will fade to a dull ache. That's how Strawkiwi had once described it to me after Thistle passed on. Until then, we continue through the motions of life and day by day they begin to feel more real again.
.


A note from the Flutterby:
I apologize for the depressing tone of this chapter but it was kind of how I felt for the short amount of time I was able to play this morning! Let me explain, I don't follow the legacy rules persay but I do try to have it as a loose guideline, however, I tend to kind of let my sims lead the way in their lifestyle and I had promised myself when the Thistle-thing grew from a cute little story to a legacy that if something like this happened, I would let it despite the fact that I'm not happy about it. So, I guess being a bit suicidal after her parents death I guess, Candy decided to get electrocuted....How this will play out I'm not entirely sure but I wanted everyone to know that I obviously didn't kill her off and that, that is why the tone of this chapter is so solemn. 

On a happier note (cause generally I like to be this way) heir voting will be to follow either later today or tomorrow. So start thinking a little about that and I kinda hope that my favorite wins but we'll see :) 

4 comments:

  1. 0.O poor Juniper, good to see you back though Flutter. Sometimes you just never know what the game's going to throw at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... I'm sad to see Candy go like that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Just like Mint. *sob* too soon too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute Berry...what? *scurries off to read Splash*

    ReplyDelete