Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Generation 2-Chapter 8: Triple Birthday Bash

"I swear if the clock could tick any slower it would" I announced to no one in particular as I sat in the kitchen while Mom put the finishing touches on the birthday cakes and Bubbles and B. Foster played the "I love you more" game on the sofa. Gag me.

Things with mom had gone surprisingly well after Dad had broken the news that I had an old 'suitor'. Lol, silly Dad. If you ask me, it seemed almost as if she had already had a sneaking suspicion that I was at least interested in him. She kind of alluded to that fact while we were gardening one day. After that I felt like the air was cleared between the two of us. It wasn't long before the house started filling with guests, one of them being my heart-throb. But there wasn't much time for small talk or catching up. Dad and Mom quickly ushered me toward the table. It seems I was up first.


Hmm...what to wish for?


How do you wish for something that you may or may not already have?


I soon as I blew out the candles, I actually felt a little older. I'm a young adult now. Soon to be on my own, sort of. I didn't have much time to speculate inwardly on that as I was immediately handed presents. My sister wanted me to put hers to immediate use and had me try on two outfits she had bought. The first one was cute but not really me anymore.

The second one was perfect. Mostly because I wasn't going to try on anymore.


It was B. Foster's turn to blow out the candles.

He's actually growing up to be pretty handsome. Not that astonishing really, when you look at who he has for an older brother. Speaking of older brothers....where did Juniper run off to?

I looked around for him but I didn't see him. I didn't want to leave to search for him because everyone was singing happy birthday to Bubbles.

Bubbles was beautiful as always. But back to my earlier task.

Where did that  boy run off to? I grabbed a piece of cake before the mobbed ate all of it, and headed through the back door to see if he might have escaped the crowd by heading outside. I didn't see him but I noticed Dad sitting down on the bench. I joined him and he must have noticed my disappointment because scooted closer and said "Hey kiddo, I know I might not be a handsome young 'whippersnapper' but I'm proud of you."

I laughed at the whippersnapper comment. "Thanks Daddy"

"You know that no matter how old you and your sisters get, you will always be my little girls, my princesses."
I nodded and smiled at the man who used to sing me lullabies and tuck me in at night.
"Of course Dad. It's just, well.....I was kind of hoping that Juniper would stay true to his word and ask me out after I turned 18."
He gave a gut jiggling laugh, "Sweetheart, you just turned 18 less than an hour ago, give the poor fellow time! Besides, I have a feeling that he came for the important part of the party and only left because he had too. For all you know he had some emergency to deal with at home or something."
I chuckled at that too. He did have a point, but patience had never been my best virtue--and I had waited long enough as far as I was concerned.

I wondered back through the party. Mom and Dad had decided to let B. Foster stay the night due to the fact that he had had a bit too much nectar. I don't know if that was such a smart idea on their part knowing how those two are all over each other. I guess it doesn't matter now that we are adults.

Wait a minute, is she doing what I think she's doing?

"Bubbles?"

Well at least he said yes. I guess Mom and Dad will have a little more to worry about in the morning than me and my older 'beau'.

As I crawled into my new bed that both Bubbles and I had received from Mom and Dad as birthday presents, I couldn't help but let the feeling of doubt settle in despite Dad's warm words. I think the not knowing what was going to happen bothered me more than anything. Before I went to bed, I checked my phone to plug it in and noticed that I had a new email. Juniper.

"Candy, sorry I had to leave so early but I had some things I needed to take care of at home. I don't know if B. Foster told you, but we have moved into a little nicer place. Actually not too far down the road from your house. As soon as I have everyone settle in, I'll have you over. Just know that I'm thinking about you and can't wait to see you.
-Juniper"
Well, I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I mean, I didn't really expect us to get married and move in right away or anything but a goodnight kiss would have been better than nothing. Even a hug. Oh well....beggars can't be choosers I guess. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings....probably lots of yelling. Silly Bubbles. With that thought I drifted off to sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Would just like to add a note to the fact that Juniper has a tendency to disappear in the game when I least suspect it, so I've had to change the story a few times due to his Houdini act. It's kind of annoying really. You'll be able to see that again later in the following chapters which I am working on atm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for more. poor candy if her guy keeps disappearing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Must be frustrating!

    Can't wait to see Thistle's reaction in the next chapter! She'll explode! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has a musical bum! That's my kinda woman :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL! Humor from poor editing XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww they got right to that engagement. Congratulations to the sweet couple!

    ReplyDelete