Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gen 2-Chapter 4: Moving On...Growing Up


Although the house was quiet for a few days following Pepper and Bridget leaving, not much had changed. Honeydew became even more quiet and to herself either playing the guitar in her room or hanging out at the theater with her friends. She and I were working at the day spa together and that was the only time we ever really got to talk.



However, with Pepper gone, Bubbles and I had started to become a little closer. Even though we were twins she and I had not been really close as children. She's always been shy, quiet, studious and a bit of a loner. I on the other hand workout at the gym, teach an aerobics class there, am loud and kind of  crazy at times. So when I started to notice how good she was getting at sketching I told her as much and things kind of kept getting better from there.



I had repeatedly sent e-mails to Pepper and left a few voicemails on his mobile but had not heard anything. I was truly saddened at the thought that my big brother might have totally abandoned us. So when I saw that I had a new e-mail about 2 weeks after he had left my heart soared!

Candy-my sweetest little sister,
I am sorry I haven't been in touch with you sooner and I can only imagine how angry with me you must be right now. We just got interwebz set up here. Bridget and I have finally found a small house here in the sugardocks. Lol. But at least we managed to stay in town. We got married the night we left so I expect congratulations when I see you next. Bridget's belly is growing. And we both send our love to you and the family, I'm just not ready to send it in person quite yet, hope you can understand.


-Love and chocolate kisses,
Pepper


P.S. Enclosed is our new address, expect to see you here this weekend!

Yay! Pepper stayed in town. I have to tell everyone!

Mom and Dad seemed a bit relieved when I told them that Pepper and Bridget were doing well and that they had found a house here. I kept to myself the fact that I had their address. Well almost to myself. Bubbles and I were still sharing the same room for the time being (mom is redoing Pepper's room for me) and that night I asked her as we were laying in bed if she wanted to go with me the next morning to see Pepper's new house.
"Of course Candy! I hope Bridget won't mind."
"I don't think she will Bubbles, she's mad Mom, not us."

***

We called a taxi to take us to Pepper's because we didn't know where the address would take us. The taxi driver made catty remarks at us and by the time we got out of the taxi I was a little disgusted with him. I sent him an ugly stare as he pulled away. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed some guys across the street but I didn't pay too much mind at the time.



I knocked and knocked on Pepper's door but no one answered. I was a little aggravated but Bubbles and I didn't have to be at work for quite awhile. I looked again across the street, the guys looked like they were nice enough and the younger one looked about our age. I turned to Bubbles
"What do ya say we make some friends?"
"I..I..don't know about that Candy"



"Oh come on sis" I turned on my heels and headed in that direction.



As I got closer I realized that they were actually all 3 pretty nice looking.


"Hi! I'm Candy, have any of you three seen the fellow that lives across the street?"


"Why is he your boyfriend?" the younger one asked a little annoyingly.
"No, my brother and his WIFE live there you silly boy" I said but I smiled at them.
"Well I'm Banana Foster Breeze, I go by B. Foster for short. The tall red and blue guys over there are my brothers. Believe it or not they're twins."

"Oh that's funny, this shy girl behind me is my sister Bubbles, we're twins too." Bubbles introduced herself to B. Foster and then the two became engrossed in conversation. Apparently he is very eco-friendly and likes talk about recycling and renewable energy sources.

 I decided to talk to the other to guys so I walked a little closer. The red guy was looking at a book so I approached the blue guy.


"Hi I'm Candy"
"I'm Juniper, Juniper Breeze" He said smiling at me. OMB at those eyes and that accent it had a bit of a twang...it was so, so....sexy. I can't think that, he's much older than me!



I ended up talking to Juniper Breeze for so long that I was almost late for work. When I got to work Honeydew was there and I guess I had been smiling to myself because she finally asked me what I was so happy about.
"Oh nothing, Bubbles and I went over to see Pepper but he wasn't home." But I was thinking ...those eyes.
"And that made you happy?" she said, looking a little puzzled.
"Honey, how about you take me to go see your stylist after work?"
"Sure, but eventually you'll have to tell me what the deal is you know" she gave a little laugh, "I think I already have an idea but I can wait, I'm sure I'll meet him eventually."
"How did you..? Oh you little heffer....if you didn't know, you do now, huh?" I went back to work. I was NOT going to the stylist over some guy...I just needed a...change. He's too old for you...I kept telling myself despite the fact that my encounter with Juniper had been on auto-replay since I met him. *sigh*  The clock ticked by soooo slowly. When it was time to leave Honey told me that she actually needed to go by the theater but that she would drop me off at the stylist.


As I walked up to the Sugar Rush Salon and Tattoos I felt a little nervous, but I knew I needed a change...I needed to look a little more...........adult.

2 comments:

  1. oh, an age gap, that's a different twist. I'm liking Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niceness. Cant wait for the next bit!!

    ReplyDelete